Early
game concepts
Game
1
Genre:
horror
name:
punch
line
Awake
or a dream, you decide
As
I was making up the back story to my game I thought about what the
title be, It would have to be linked in with what the story is about
otherwise there would be no real point.
At
the moment I have 5 idea's for the name.
- Darkness
- The facility
- Awake
- Alone
- Dreaming
My
favourite ones are 'The Facility' and 'Awake' because they have a
real relation to the story line.
Short
back story:
You
play as a character that has been having dreams about a facility, the
dreams are about the facility being abandoned due a toxic gas that
has leaked from the piping system and has spread rapidly around the
facility, as you play through the game you slowly find out what
caused the gas to leak and what the original use for the gas was.
In
the beginning of the game you start of dreaming about the facility
but the further you get into the game and story you soon get
kidnapped and taken to the facility that is in your dreams by the
same group of scientists that you see die in your dream, from the
experience of going through the facility in your dream and dying you
will be able to go through the facility and not die.
Usp:
in
my experience with games I have never seen a game with this type of
story to it, or really that many horror games in a science lab, they
always tend to be in some sort of haunted house.
I
feel that my usp is the game mechanics and the way the game is
played, because being in a dream world then in the real world
constantly isn't that common in games.
Target
audience:
My
game will have an age restriction of 15 due to that fact I will try
to make it as scary as possible, In general I am expect people around
the age of 15 to 22 to buy my game, people that are interested in the
horror genre so when they buy a game on steam my game will show up in
the related games section which they might like.
This
game is really for people that liked to just go on a game and just
have fun getting scared by little jump scares.
Why
my game is fun:
If
you are a fan of Jump scares then you will have fun having this game,
personally I like being scared while watching movies and playing
games because you know that it is not real but that initial scare
pumps you full of adrenalin, this Is what I want my game to do, I
want them to be on the edge while they play because they have becomed
hyped over over the time period.
Game
selling speech:
My
game idea is in the horror genre, it's about a character that has
become delusional from the gas that has leaked into the facility,
your character starts to have strange dreams about a facility that he
has never seen before. The people in this facility were experimenting
on people and trying to cure their psychotic conditions but they
failed, instead the gas they tried to use on them made them deadly,
they became monstrous and killed anyone in sight. The reason the
exposed people started killing everyone is because they thought the
scientists had become demons, the gas makes you hallucinate things
that arn'y actually there.
No comments:
Post a Comment